What is MBA admissions consulting?
The MBA application process is time-consuming and complex. ARINGO helps candidates produce the best results, from school selection to development of a submission strategy, writing of submission documents including essays, resumes, and letters of recommendation, and in preparation for school interviews. Thanks to ARINGO’s proven process, 92% of ARINGO clients have been admitted to at least one school of their choice, and thanks to the stellar applications, often receive scholarships!
How does ARINGO achieve the best results in the industry?
ARINGO’s process includes the close personal guidance of a Senior Consultant and additional support from our team of experts, comprised of graduates and ex-admission committee members of the world’s leading MBA programs, along with career coaches and experienced writers. Our process is tailored to each candidate according to his needs. Rather than one strategy for all, each case is examined on its own to create a distinct, top-notch application.
Contact us for a free consultation!
Want to contact us about something else? Please press here
Ideal Timeline for MBA Application
*The following timeline refers to studies beginning September 2023.
* It is ideal for an organized and thorough application preparation. The process can be compressed (perhaps affecting admission chances and expenses).
September – December 2021 – Foundation
- Consider what can be changed in your career in order to strengthen your candidacy (Gaining a management position? Getting in involved in public/political/volunteer activities?)
- If you haven’t done so already – register for a GMAT course (ideally, you should start your course in 2017 and complete your first (and hopefully last) GMAT exam between October 2021 and April 2022).
Candidates usually have difficulty advancing on their application during their GMAT course. It is recommended to complete the GMAT exam as early as possible (when you are at your peak academically), even 2-4 year before submitting applications, and to improve later if necessary.
- Set your sights on future recommenders and forge good working relationships with them.
- Visit campuses: If you plan to visit a certain area anyway, it is a good idea to visit the business schools that interest you. Over your visit, you can build connections with students, faculty and/or admissions office clerks.
- Contact consultant services (e.g. ARINGO) to schedule start of application work.
- Consider applying to one or two programs already in March-June 2022 (to programs starting in January 2023 like Columbia or INSEAD or programs starting in September 2022) in order to get to know the process and receive early answers (perhaps saving you applications to other universities).
January 2022 – Initiating the application process
- Visit school websites to learn about programs, registration dates, and the admissions process.
- Visit candidate information sites.
- Contact students and alumni.
February – April 2022 – GMAT, strategy
- If you haven’t already – take the GMAT (between October 2021 and April 2022).
- Begin the strategy phase of application preparation (data mining, career plan, choosing topic for primary essays).
- Focus on three programs and learn about them as much as possible (It is recommended to apply to 4-5 programs in total).
May – August 2022 – Application, TOEFL (if necessary)
- Prepare applications (CV, essays, recommendations).
- Prepare for the TOEFL.
- Take the TOEFL.
- Order transcripts.
August 2022 – January 2023 – Applications Submission
- Send transcripts.
- Submit applications.
According to data from the last few years, admission chances are strongest between August – October (Round 1). In a few instances, Round 2 (November – Early January) submissions are advantageous. Admission chances for the final round (usually Round 3, sometimes Round 4) are usually significantly lower. At most universities, the final round starts sometime in January and ends in March.Between mid-January and July, however, there are still a number of non-final admissions rounds.
- Prepare for interviews.
- Confirm recommendations were sent.
- Interview (at most schools – if you received an invitation).
- Cross fingers.
January – May 2023 – Moment of Truth
- Take a deep breath and check admissions decisions.
- Decide where to study and notify school.
- Submit scholarship applications (if relevant ones are offered).
- Participate in a Welcome Weekend, if one is conducted on campus.
January – July 2023 – Preparation
- If necessary, apply for a student visa at the relevant embassy.
- Arrange flight.
- Research the best place to live and search for an apartment.
- Celebrate your goodbyes.
- Get ready for a once in a lifetime experience!