Johnson Cornell Tech MBA
The Cornell Tech MBA is a one-year MBA program which starts in May, founded on a tech-focused campus, where students can earn a business degree deeply influenced by the needs of the digital age, and learn the foundations of business in the context of the technology and innovation reshaping the competitive landscape worldwide. This program provides in-depth knowledge on the technologies, companies and industries changing the global landscape. Students are trained and prepared to lead in industry for product management/development, product marketing, program management, consumer insight/analytics and user experience strategies, consulting, general management, operations management as well as entrepreneurship.
Ideal candidates have a deep interest in the tech industry as well as strong academic background in a science or engineering discipline. Candidates without this academic background will still be considered but will need show familiarity with technical tools in programming, prototyping and/or within engineering communities. All applicants, regardless of their undergraduate degree, should reflect the entrepreneurial and innovation-driven mission of the campus.
To be considered, all applicants must provide the following in their online application:
- Résumé or LinkedIn Professional Profile
- Creativity – You must select one of the following as part of your application, demonstrating your creativity, style and technical experience: send a link to your work / upload a video / provide a written sample.
- References – MBA candidates who are invited for a second interview will be asked to submit the contact details of two recommenders who are prepared to endorse your candidacy.
- Test Scores – Either the GRE or the GMAT is required for admission to the Cornell Tech MBA.
- International applicants must provide a certified English translation of transcripts (if the original language is not English), and must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language. An English language exam score report is required if your native language is not English. Accepted exams are TOEFL, IELTS, or the Pearson Test of English.
The interview process is two rounds and by invitation-only. The first round is a 20-minute phone interview. Shortly after that, you will be notified if you have been selected for an on-campus second round interview. We strongly encourage and prefer that you come to campus if invited for a second round. Additional information on when we offer the second round interviews and how to prepare will be communicated in the invitation.
Class Profile (2020)
- Total enrolled: 84
- Average age: 28
- Average GMAT: 693
- GMAT range (middle 80%): 647-730
- Average GRE: 159 (Verbal), 159 (Quantitative)
- Average undergraduate GPA: 3.33/4.0
- Undergraduate GPA (middle 80%): 2.79-3.81
- Average years of work experience: 4.7 years
- Years of work experience (middle 80%): 2-7.7 years
ARINGO consultants have experience with helping candidates apply to the Cornell Tech MBA. In the past 7 years we have helped 24 candidates get admitted to this program, 20 of them with a total amount of $910,000 in scholarships.