A Bit About Photocopies | ARINGO consultants are the top in the world!
This is based on the retrospective analysis of a few success cases (HBS and others) from the last few seasons.
Level of impact on admission chances: 1 out of 5
Photocopies are duplicates of materials written about you / to you by a third party. For example: distinction letter, performance evaluation document, news article, magazine interview, thank you letter.
While admission committees do not request this, you may translate and/or photocopy 1-3 effective documents and send them to the school in hard copy. The Photocopies should arrive to the school prior to your application deadline.
We recommend that you send only effective Photocopies.
- Effective Photocopies either:
- Strengthen your image as a leader and/or a team player, or
- Address a weakness in your candidacy.
For example: If analytical skills are a weakness of yours as an MBA candidate, you may send Photocopies that help demonstrate how smart you are. If extracurricular experiences are a weakness, you may send a copy of a “thank you” letter that you got regarding the one community activity that you did participate in.
- Photocopies of letters from senior people and government agencies which meet the above requirements are particularly effective.
- Photocopies that contradict your current Career Plan are not recommended.
- If you do not have effective Photocopies, we strongly recommend that you not send Photocopies. Attaching ineffective Photocopies could hinder your candidacy. For example, we do not recommend attaching this certificate: “Completed the Oracle 5.1 DBA Course”.
- If you send Photocopies, add a note explaining what you sent and why you sent it. Your consultant may write the note according to the ARINGO note guidelines.
- You may send the Photocopies together with other hard-copy materials that you send to the school (recommendation letters, transcripts, etc.)
- If the school specifically recommends in the application forms not to send such documents – do not send them unless they are extremely effective in terms of your candidacy.
- If the Photocopy is not in English: translate it to English and attach the original. Your ARINGO consultant may help you with the translation.
We hope this helps. Much much much luck with the process,
The ARINGO Research Team