Wharton’s concept developed rapidly, and today there are more than 5,000 MBA programs worldwide, including about 3,000 in the US. These programs focus on five main areas of study:
- Management (organizational behavior, strategy, human resources)
- Operations (logistics, information systems, etc.)
- Technology and entrepreneurship
There are several types of MBA programs: Full-Time MBA programs, Part-Time MBA programs, Executive MBA programs and online MBA programs.
Based on results from recent years, it is recommended to submit most applications during August-October, especially in cases of rolling admission. In relatively few cases did second round applicants (November – early January) have an advantage.
Admission chances in the last round (usually the third and sometimes the fourth round) are normally significantly lower. At most business schools, the last round begins at some point in January and ends at some point in March. However, there are programs with admission rounds between mid-January and July that are not the last round.
For studies beginning in January, applications can usually be submitted from March to July, but admission chances may decline as time passes. It is recommended that applications be submitted as early as possible (as long as quality is not compromised) as the admission procedure for MBA programs is generally such that it gives applicants applying early an advantage.
- If we decide to support your candidacy, it means that in our estimate, with powerful admission essays you will be a relevant candidate for the Top 10 programs or for the programs you expressed interest in.
- In addition, spaces fill up as clients book spots with us years in advance.
For studies beginning in September, candidates usually begin the ARINGO process between January and July (14-20 months prior to the beginning of studies).
In the past, we’ve seen that admission rates are highest amongst candidates who begin the admission process relatively early.
For studies beginning in January, candidates usually start the ARINGO process between August and February (11-17 months prior to the beginning of studies).
We may be able to assist you even if you are working on a tighter schedule, but the quality of your application may differ from an application prepared based on the full schedule.
It is possible to upgrade your application (that is, to resubmit it) once a year.
To get your application process started, please fill out the Information Request Form, so that ARINGO can make a decision on supporting your candidacy.
Some schools will accept the GRE in lieu of the GMAT.
Some schools require a minimum TOEFL score.
At least 2 years of full-time professional experience is usually preferred. If you served in the military, this usually counts as full-time professional experience. Although it is more difficult to gain admission without full-time professional experience, it is possible if your other stats and credentials are exceptionally strong.
- It is a management role
- You were elected to the post
- You initiated the project, and it became successful
- The activity enables you to acquire a recommendation from a senior figure (for example, a senior politician) who supervised your work
However, many candidates are admitted to leading programs without any volunteer/community/public work experience (or with limited experience in those fields) thanks to strong performance on other admissions criteria.
Please note: Beginning a volunteer activity just ahead of submitting the application can be a double-edged sword. It may undermine your candidacy if the admission officer gets the impression that this was done solely for the purpose of increasing your admission chances.
If you speak to the alumni of top MBA programs, you will most likely hear the following quite often:
“The essays are the most important part of your candidacy”.
- Because your essays will be stronger if we guide you on how to write them and then edit them with you: The content will be more personal, more unique, more authentic, and more effective.
- Because we want to continue to maintain good working relations with admission committees at top business schools.
- Because if we write essays for you and for others, your essays will be similar to the essays of other candidates.