(When submitting the application)
UNDERGRADUATE SCORES (GPA):
- If you have two BA degrees (or a dual degree) and only one is with distinction, use the level that is exactly in-between. If there is no level exactly in-between, use the higher level. For example, if your GPA from one degree GPA is 2.9 and the other degree is 3.3, score it as a 3.0-3.19. If one degree is 3.2 and the other degree is Magna Cum Laude, score is as a Cum Laude.
- If at the time of applying you have not yet received all grades from your BA/BS degree:
- If you expect to have all of your grades by the MBA start date, subtract one point. However, you should contact each of the MBA programs and explain your situation and evaluate their responses. (At Aringo we have consultants who specialize in applying to business school immediately after your undergraduate studies. Contact us today to get help with your MBA applications.)
- If you do not expect to complete your degree by the MBA start date: contact each of the MBA programs, explain your situation and see if you are eligible to apply.
- The change in GMAT prefix from 690 to 700 (from 6 to 7) has a significant impact.
MA / MSc
QUALITY OF YOUR MBA APPLICATION ESSAYS
QUALITY OF YOUR MBA RECOMMENDATIONS
QUALITY OF YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION FORMS
This is the average difference between rounds. In reality, sometimes the differences are smaller, bigger or even opposite – depending on the specific year and school.
FULL TIME WORK EXPERIENCE
Upon starting the MBA, and including full-time military service
NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU MANAGE
In the Past (select only if you do not manage any employees now)
MAJOR CORPORATION, GOVERNMENT OR MILITARY BACKGROUND
Click here to find out which companies are included in this category and their point values
Please add up your points on the above link and enter the total here:
- Promotion definition: a situation in which a title listed on your resume is more senior than the previous title listed on the resume AND in both positions you worked for the same organization (OR worked for an organization of similar size in the same industry).
You may include military promotions.
- If all your promotions are in the same industry, choose “same“. If your promotions are in two different industries, choose “different“.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
Business schools value community service. For expert help on highlighting your experiences in your MBA applications, contact us today.
50 hours of volunteer work in the year prior to application submission: -0.5
10 hours per year in the past 3 years (over the age of 18): -0.5
30 hours of volunteer work in the past year (over the age of 18): 0
30 hours per year in the past 3 years (over the age of 18): 0.5
60 hours per year in the past 3 years (over 18): 0.5
300 hours per year in the past 3 years (over 18): 1.7
30 hours per year in the past 6 years (over 18): 1.7
, reduce your points by 75%.
Note, some of the points in the below table may be politically incorrect, but they can help you achieve a truer understanding of your admission chances.
If you are:
UNDERSTANDING AND IMPROVING YOUR SCORE